Join Fobby Naghmi as he interviews Darin Dawson, the President and Co-Founder of BombBomb, the groundbreaking video messaging platform. In this engaging conversation, Darin shares how he and his co-founder Conor McClusky started BombBomb in 2006, revolutionizing how businesses connect with their potential customers.
Darin describes how BombBomb enables personalized video messages to be sent to potential clients without interrupting them with intrusive calls and emails. With BombBomb, businesses can send engaging video messages that build trust and relationships with their clients while maintaining the human element often lost in digital communication.
The company’s name came from a URL Connor had attempted to purchase, “bomb.com,” which someone already owned. However, the name “BombBomb” stuck, and the company’s fun and unique personality were born. Darin shares how the ease of use and speed of BombBomb ensures that videos never get lost, making it an efficient and reliable communication tool.
But it’s not just about convenience and efficiency. Darin emphasizes the need for human connection in a world dominated by digital pollution. In particular, he highlights the importance of humanizing experiences, especially in industries like mortgages, where trust is essential. While technology can make things easier, the human touch builds relationships and trust.
The conversation takes a fascinating turn as the host expresses concerns about the trend of using AI to trick people into thinking they are interacting with real humans. However, Darin believes that authenticity and the human element are crucial in business, and using AI to mislead customers is not the way forward. He shares his experience using a travel agent when planning a trip to Italy, emphasizing the value of personalized human interaction.
So, whether you’re a business owner looking to connect with your clients or simply someone who values authentic human connections, this conversation with Darin Dawson is not to be missed!
- BombBomb is a video messaging platform that allows businesses to send personalized messages to potential customers without interrupting them with calls and emails.
- The company was founded in 2006 by Darin Dawson and Conor McClusky, who were the first to send a video through email, and the response was overwhelming.
- BombBomb got its name from a URL that Connor had tried to purchase, “bomb.com,” which was already taken.
- The company’s personality is centered around being fun and unique, with a focus on ease of use and speed.
- The need for human connection in a world dominated by digital pollution is crucial, and BombBomb enables businesses to maintain the human element in digital communication.
- The importance of humanizing experiences, especially in industries like mortgages where trust is essential, is highlighted.
- While technology can make things easier, it’s the human touch that builds relationships and trust.
- The use of AI to trick people into thinking they are interacting with real humans is not the way forward, and authenticity and the human element are crucial in business.
- Personalized human interaction, as experienced through a travel agent when planning a trip to Italy, is still highly valued.